Eat & Chew Properly Again With Fixed Implant Dentures!
- Do you have a loose denture that bothers you and restricts what you can eat?
- Is it difficult for you to eat and speak like you used to ?
Dentures can be fixed permanently with dental implants to locate your dentures onto. A full upper or lower jaw of beautiful teeth can be yours using only 4 implants in the lower jaw and 6 in the upper jaw.
The concept is cost effective and ideal for those who have suffered from tooth loss and want fixed teeth as it uses only four dental implants to support a full arch of fixed teeth (if you don’t currently have dentures and want to know your best options such as dental implants, please view our dental implants pages or contact me for a consultation).
Using 4 implants to fix dentures permanently is great if you:
- Have loose dentures that affect your quality of life
- Have suffered loss of jawbone due to the loss of teeth
- Have failing crowns and bridges along with very loose teeth that need removing
- Have been told that you do not have enough bone for dental implants
You may be suitable for fixed denture treatment if you:
- Want a cost effective solution for a full mouth of teeth
- Want to eat the foods you used to before such as apples or nuts
- Want a predictable solution
Traditional fixed full arch dental implant techniques require 6-10 implants with a period of healing time where the bridge cannot be fixed to the implants. Bone grafting for implant placement may also be required.
With the fixed implant denture technique, the bone to implant contact is optimised and the need for any bone grafting is minimised. It reduces the number of dental implants required to restore an entire arch of teeth and enables us to give you permanently fix teeth on dental implants.
Fixed Implant Dentures Concept:
You will be invited to have a consultation with me. We will discuss with you your suitability for fixed implant denture treatment and you can use this opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about treatment or any dental concerns.
Following this discussion, we will present a treatment plan and strategy for diagnostic work. You may require a 3D scan to check your bone volume. Using advanced equipment enables us to ensure highly accurate, safe and predictable implant placement. If you are a candidate for permanent teeth then a detailed treatment plan will be provided to you.
After the initial preparatory work and smile design you will attend your appointment for implant placement. We will then be able to fit some temporary teeth that you wear during the healing stage of your treatment. Sometimes a provisional bridge will then be secured to the dental implants, after which you will be given time to relax .
After approximately two to six months and after your implants are fully integrated into your jaw, your final fixed bridge of teeth will be fitted.
Benefits of Your New Fixed Dentures Using Implants
- No need to remove a denture after meals or at nighttime.
- The full arch of teeth can be cared for and cleaned just like natural teeth
- The full arch of teeth fits the natural contours of your mouth and feels like of natural teeth.
- Your taste of all foods improves with this concept as the full arch of upper teeth does not cover the roof of your mouth,and because you can bite in a similar way to having natural teeth you can eat the foods you want, and have a much healthier lifestyle.
- The treatment is considered long term and can last for decades as it promotes a healthy jawbone helping to slow down further bone loss.
- The fixed implant denture technique involves the use of only 4 dental implants to secure a full arch of teeth.
If you have any questions or you would like to book a consultation with Dr Milisha, please contact one of the clinics and we shall look forward to giving you the smile you have always wanted.